No need to flee, it's totally free
A landing page is a single web page used to capture leads and convert visitors into customers. It's an important part of any company's digital marketing strategy as it helps businesses quickly promote their products and services, generates leads, and increases website traffic.
The landing page is a powerful internet marketing tool designed to increase sales. A landing page can be a powerful lead generator for your business.
To create a landing page, today it is not necessary to know programming languages, because there are landing page designers on the web that allow you to create and edit one-page sites in a matter of minutes.
But landing is not a panacea for business, not a must-have, it's just a tool that has advantages and disadvantages.
Let's take a look at the pros and cons of landing page in this article.
The difference between a landing page and a homepage is that the landing page focuses on a particular offer, while the homepage has more of an overall branding message. While homepages are often generalized in scope, landing pages are specifically optimized for conversions by narrowing down the audience.
Landing Page Types:
✔ Lead generation landing pages
✔ Click-through landing pages
Lead generation landing pages
Lead generation landing pages are an effective online marketing tool for businesses. This type of page is designed to capture leads, or potential customers, who are interested in the company's products or services. Lead generation landing pages feature persuasive copy that encourages visitors to provide their contact information in exchange for a specific offer or special discount. The goal is to convert website visitors into qualified leads and sales opportunities.
To maximize conversions, lead gen pages should include several well-crafted calls-to-action (CTAs) as well as forms that allow visitors to easily provide their contact information.
You may be interested - Lead generation with a landing page
Click-through landing pages
Click-through landing pages are web pages, that are designed to advertise a product or service and entice visitors to click through, in order to take the desired action. They are created to be aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate, with an attention-grabbing headline that immediately catches the visitor’s eye. This type of page typically features a brief description of the product or service that is being advertised, as well as additional information about the company itself.
The goal of these types of pages is to guide users into clicking through in order to purchase the product or service or sign up for whatever offer is being presented.
In order for a click-through landing page to be effective, it should include clear and concise messaging that clearly states what is being offered and what benefits can be gained by taking action. The design should be kept simple, with no distractions and a focus on the main call-to-action (CTA). Additionally, it should contain elements such as visuals and videos that help reinforce the message and make it easier for users to grasp what they will get out of taking action.
1. Simplicity. A landing page can be created and launched in a matter of hours, without wasting time and money.
2. Only one targeted offer. The landing site does not contain information or functional elements that could distract the visitor. Here, the texts are the concentration of the appeal and the benefits of the product offer. Such a page is quickly, easily, and unambiguously perceived.
3. Elementary navigation. Usually, interaction with the landing page involves only scrolling. Scrolling through the landing page, the user gradually receives information that guides him through the entire sales funnel. The structure must be created in such a way that the target activity can be performed at any stage of scrolling.
4. Fast result. Since the landing is focused on a specific audience, its conversion is many times higher than the conversion of a single site. Landing page conversion can grow from 30% and higher.
5. Fast loading. Even in slow Internet conditions, landing pages load quickly.
6. Ability to collect leads. The landing page concept is perfect for lead generation. Even if the user only left his contact details, he can be persuaded to the target action in the future. To do this, today there is a whole set of tools, for example, e-mail marketing or retargeting.
7. Low cost. Landing page builders are inexpensive, you just pay a subscription fee to use the builder and create your pages.
8. Making changes in minutes. If you consider it necessary to change or delete any element in your landing page, then you can make changes quickly and independently. To do this, you do not need to set tasks for the contractor and draw up technical specifications.
These are just the main landing page benefits, in fact, there are more of them.
1. Template landing page does not allow you to deviate from the route. That is, there is a certain page structure that should be followed when creating a landing page: title, offers, triggers, call to action button, description of benefits, testimonials, social media buttons, videos, and images.
2. Minimum range. Ideally, a separate landing page should be created for each offer. The most complete information one way or another is on the main site.
3. Complicated products are not for sale. With the help of a landing page, it is almost impossible to promote complex products or services. The landing page is focused on quick, even somewhat emotional decisions.
4. Formation of the business image. Landing pages are not suitable for improving the company's reputation. For such tasks, it is better to use the possibilities of blogs.
1. Keep your landing page short and simple. Make a good first impression.
2. Choose a clear Call To Action (CTA).
3. Leverage the power of persuasive content on your landing pages - it should be interesting, relevant, and easy to read.
4. Use social proof to increase conversion rates.
5. Optimize for mobile devices—your landing pages should render perfectly across all devices, including tablets and smartphones. Don't forget about download speed.
6. Make sure that form fields are as minimal as possible - the fewer fields there are, the higher chances of people actually completing them!
7. Use visuals like videos or images to make your message more powerful and engaging with potential customers.
8. Test different versions of your landing page to see which one performs better.
9. Make sure that the form fields and CTA buttons are visually differentiated from other elements on a page - this will draw people's attention to it more effectively.
10. Use A/B testing to refine your landing pages and find out which elements should be adjusted to increase conversion rates even further.
Creating a successful landing page can be challenging, but with the right strategy, you can maximize conversions and make sure that every visitor gets what they need as quickly and easily as possible. By following these tips, you'll be well on your way toward creating an effective landing page and achieving your business goal!
If you are still undecided about whether a landing page is a way to go, consider your goals and objectives. Weigh the pros and cons we’ve listed here and decide what will work best for you and your business. Keep in mind that a well-designed landing page can be very effective in achieving your marketing goals. But if not done right, it could end up being a waste of time and money.
Learn more about Warmy for improving your email deliverability!