No need to flee, it's totally free
Are you looking to get the most out of your email marketing efforts? Have you ever hit that dreaded ‘send’ button, only to notice glaring typos, broken links or forgotten attachments shortly afterwards?
Then it's time to start checking and double-checking before jumping into sending emails. To make sure all potential problems are taken care of in advance and that no detail is overlooked, we've created a comprehensive checklist for any email campaign project.
In this blog post we'll review why pre-sending reviews are so important, the elements included in our email marketing checklist and tips about how to approach an effective pre-flight process for all types of emails. Get ready to lift off with confidence!
1. Define your target audience: Before you start crafting your email campaign, it's important to identify who you want to reach with your message. Define your target audience based on demographics, behavior, interests, and other factors.
2. Set your email marketing goals: Define your email marketing goals, whether it's to increase website traffic, generate leads, boost sales, or promote a new product.
3. Create a captivating subject line: The subject line is the first thing your subscribers see, so make sure it's attention-grabbing, clear, and concise.
Want to know more - Email newsletters: 9 tips for writing a headline
4. Optimize for mobile devices: With more people accessing emails on their mobile devices, it's important to ensure your email campaigns are mobile-friendly and optimized for smaller screens.
5. Personalize your emails: Use subscriber data to personalize your emails and make them more relevant to your audience.
You may be interested - What is email personalization and why is it needed?
6. Segment your email list: Segment your email list based on subscriber behavior and interests to create targeted campaigns.
Read also - Customer segmentation. Options
7. Create engaging content: Write compelling copy that resonates with your audience and encourages them to take action.
8. Use attention-grabbing visuals: Incorporate images, videos, and other visuals to make your emails more engaging and visually appealing.
9. Choose the right email format: Decide on the type of email format that best suits your campaign, whether it's a newsletter, promotional email, or automated email sequence.
10. Include a clear call-to-action: Encourage subscribers to take action by including a clear call-to-action in your emails.
More about it - Call to action. Rules.
11. Test and optimize your emails: Test different elements of your emails, such as subject lines, content, and calls-to-action, to optimize your campaigns for better results.
12. Ensure deliverability: Make sure your emails are delivered to your subscribers' inboxes by using a reputable email service provider and adhering to email marketing best practices.
13. Clean your email list: Regularly clean your email list to remove inactive or unengaged subscribers and ensure a high deliverability rate.
14. Monitor email performance: Track email performance metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions, to monitor the success of your campaigns and identify areas for improvement.
15. Follow email marketing regulations: Adhere to email marketing regulations, such as the CAN-SPAM Act, to avoid legal issues and maintain a positive reputation.
16. Use segmentation tags: Use segmentation tags to further categorize your subscribers and create even more targeted campaigns.
17. Personalize email sender name: Use a personalized sender name, such as a real person's name or the name of your company, to create a more personal connection with your subscribers.
18. Use preheader text: Use preheader text to provide a preview of your email content and entice subscribers to open your email.
19. Optimize email frequency: Find the optimal frequency of email communication that best suits your audience and avoids overwhelming them with too many emails.
20. Test email sending times: Test different sending times to determine the best time to send emails for maximum engagement.
21. Use A/B testing: Use A/B testing to test different elements of your emails, such as subject lines, to determine what resonates best with your audience.
22. Use email automation: Use email automation to streamline your email campaigns and send personalized messages based on subscriber behavior.
23. Use dynamic content: Use dynamic content to personalize emails even further by showing different content based on subscriber data, such as location or past purchases.
24. Include social media links: Encourage subscribers to engage with your brand on social media by including social media links in your emails.
25. Monitor and adjust your email strategy: Regularly monitor and adjust your email strategy based on performance metrics and subscriber feedback to ensure ongoing success.
In conclusion, creating a successful email marketing campaign requires careful planning and attention to detail. By following this 25-point email marketing checklist, you can ensure your email campaigns are effective, engaging, and targeted to your audience.
☑ Before sending an email, don't forget to check:
- Whether the subject of the letter corresponds to the content of the letter.
- The presence of one main purpose of the letter.
- There are no errors in the text.
- Correctness of prices and promo codes.
- Correctness of links.
- Availability of your contact details for feedback.
- The presence of an active unsubscribe link.
- Checking pictures or screenshots in a letter. Pictures should not be large.
🔹 Regardless of the skill of creating email newsletters, checking the sending of an email is necessary in any case. It will be unpleasant for the client to read a message with typos or a fake name. Such "little things" can nullify all efforts and reduce the likelihood of targeted action.
Generally, when it comes to email marketing, double-checking your emails before you send them is the key to success.
There are a few fundamental elements of email marketing that need to be considered – content, template, & target audience. It will ensure that your emails are both effective and engaging for the reader.
To review, make sure you didn’t overlook any of these basic check-points: run spellcheck, check your links work properly, review the design of emails on multiple devices and browsers, read through multiple times to ensure accuracy and consistency in any branding information such as logos and designs.
Additionally, take a look at the list one final time before hitting the send button! Despite how tedious it may seem, knowing what to check before sending emails will help you reach more people and ensure successful campaigns. Email marketing can prove to be an invaluable resource for driving sales if done in the correct manner - so go forth with confidence!
If you want to be sure that your emails always get into the Inbox, warm up your email with Warmy. To learn more -follow the link Warmy.io