No need to flee, it's totally free
Email marketing continues to be one of the most effective content distribution channels.
Posts on social networks quickly go to the bottom of the page, and the email will be in your inbox until the user reads it or deletes it.
Here are some interesting, fresh email marketing statistics for 2022:
1. There are nearly 4.26 billion email users worldwide.
Since the invention of email, the number of users has continued to rise. In 2020, the number of email users reached the 4 billion mark, which means that over 50% of the world's population was using email.
The latest reported number in 2022 is close to 4.26 billion. For the next three years, the predicted user growth rate is 3%, or around 100 million more each year.
So, in 2025, the number of email users worldwide should be approximately 4.6 billion.
2. The ROI of an effective email marketing campaign is 4400%, which means that for every dollar spent on marketing, there is $44.
- Average open rate: 27.91%
- Average click rate: 3.75%
- Average click-through rate (CTR): 12.89%;
- Average bounce rate: 0.55%
- Average unsubscribe rate: 0.33%
4. Approximately 35% of email recipients open their emails based on the subject.
5. Nearly 58% check email in the morning.
6. Personalized emails increase email open rates by 50%.
7. Emails sent one hour after a customer's cart has been abandoned are converted to 6.33%.
8. About 42% of users open emails on their mobile phones.
9. Using emoji in the subject line of an email increases CTR by 93%.
10. About 34% of email subscribers click on their emails within one hour of receiving them.
11. Apple iPhone and Gmail are two of the most popular email clients.
12. 99% of email users check their inbox every day, with some checking 20 times a day.
13. 40% of consumers say they have at least 50 unread emails in their inboxes.
14. Time savings is the biggest benefit of marketing automation - 30%.
15. The best time to send a marketing email is between 6 am and 2 pm.
16. 8% of emails are sent on Thursdays, 17% on Tuesdays, and 16% on Wednesdays.
17. 61% of subscribers/customers would like to receive promotional emails every week, 38% more often.
18. Email subject lines containing six or seven words get the most clicks.
19. A call-to-action button at the end of an email subject line increases click-through rates by 28%.
20. Around 87% of marketers use email marketing to distribute their content. This makes email the second most popular content distribution channel, behind only social media (89%).